Saturday, October 3, 2015

First Concert

Yeah, that's right. The cold of october has finally approached which means a terrible winter to follow along. However, that did not stop me from standing in line to see my favorite band.

Yesterday, I got to see the Neighbourhood live at Terminal 5. They were the first band I saw live and to be honest, I would go back to that night once again. Believe it or not, I want to convince my parents to let me see them tonight for the 2nd night in a row. Anyway, back to the story. I got up early as I would for school. Luckily my mom let me miss school, so thank you mom. I got ready and texted my friend to come to my town so we can catch a bus there. And we did. It was like 2:30 when we got there so the traffic started piling. That did not stop us from walking. Another friend of mine, who I met through instagram, Nicole, was already there and she held our spot for us. We got there at around 3:15 and from there we waited. Out in the freezing cold. No big deal, but around 6:00, when Nat, Nicole, Gen and I were together, it began to get worse. At 7pm they started letting people in. And we got in, we went to the balcony (best view ever if your small) and I went downstairs to buy merch. Because who doesn't love merch. I bought a hoodie, a long sleeve shirt, a set of 3 pins and a R.I.P Youth lighter which I dont ever think I'll use (unless its for lighting up a candle).

8:15. Hunny performs. They were so great! I only have heard of Cry for Me, but all their other songs were super rad, and I enjoyed it.

8:45-ish. Bad Suns comes up. Insanity. Christo even sorta crowd surfed and it was GREAT. He gave off a greaser kind of vibe and it made me melt.

9:45. THE NEIGHBOURHOOD PERFORMS. When Jeremy, Zach, Mikey, and Brandon came out me and my friends were flipping out, when Jesse came out I LOST IT. In my snapchat, all you hear is me scream "JESSE!" so loudly. It was insane. Their setlist was to die for. They played some songs from I Love You, which brought me back and made me happy that I got to see them perform some of that album. He played the mixtape, which was amazing, and it made me laugh because he had a GTA background for When I Get Back, and he had that weird video for Lurk which was my favorite. Then they played some of the new album, Wiped Out!, my favorite was Daddy Issues and RIP 2 My Youth. If you guys want to know what they sound like and you're going to the concert, I recommend just listening to it live because it was such a crazy experience.

I'm going to stop here because I have post concert depression so I'm going to find their live videos on YouTube right now. Thanks for reading guys, see you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Seems like a geat time! I enjoyed watching your many snaps :)

    ReplyDelete