Sunday, August 30, 2015

End of Summer/ School Playlist

So summer is almost to an end... well at least for me. This summer was (to me) a time that I got to discover more music, and so I want to share some of that with you guys. I don't have playlists for them in my spotify/8tracks but I may end up doing sometime in the fall.

Summer Playlist- involves a lot of beach-y vibes, some dark vibes and otherwise just really good vibes for me

  1. High by the Beach- Lana del Rey. Because let's be honest, Lana always makes a great summer anthem (Summertime Sadness was a big hit last year)
  2. Dreams- Beck. I remember when everyone was questioning who he is, but now everyone should know because Dreams is such a cool tune.
  3. New Americana- Halsey. Badlands in general is just something worth listening to, the day Badlands came out I was freaking out, New Americana is just one of the many songs I listened to over the summer, but this one deserves to be in my summer playlist.
  4. Everyone's In- Lena Fayre. Anyone that was into Lorde back then will like Lena Fayre, believe it or not I came upon her music unexpectedly trying to find another song (which ended being on my music app, I was so disappointed). Anyways this doesn't have summerlike vibes but I listened to this song a ton.
  5. A-Punk -Vampire Weekend. This song just makes me want to dance a lot, so this deserves to be here honestly. Plus, Ezra Koenig is life goals. Major summer favorite
  6. Cry for Me- HUNNY. Also a part of my school playlist. Overall I discovered them because they will be performing at the Neighbourhood's concert that I'm going to and this song is so addicting. Definitely one of my favorite bands now.
  7. Blurryface- Twenty One Pilots. Any song in the blurryface album was definitely a part of my summer, I was jamming to that album 24/7, even managed to get my cousins into this music when I was vacationing.
There's a lot more but I'm going to move onto my School Playlist now.
School's a drag, but my music isnt- a playlist dedicated to music I will have on while I have free time or I'm working. 
  1. R.I.P 2 My Youth- The Neighbourhood. Because school will be the end of my youth, no joke, with all the work going on, this song will describe my life to the fullest. (joking, just the fact that school is approaching makes me say r.i.p 2 my youth tbh)
  2. Hotline Bling- Drake. Because who doesn't love bumping to Drake on a school day??
  3. Beauty Behind the Madness- The Weeknd. Everyone's jam, especially mine, so I'll be listening to a lot of Abel during my school time. Overall, any song by the Weeknd will be an essential.
  4. #000000&#ffffff- The Neighbourhood. Mixtape vibes, and the fact that I'd have to wait until the 30th of October to get their newest album, WipedOut!.
  5. Blurryface- Twenty One Pilots. Because Twenty One Pilots. That is all. 
  6. Badlands- Halsey. Halsey is my queen tbh
  7. Froot- Marina and the Diamonds. It's just a great album let's be real.
  8. Probably any album on my music app on my phone tbh, which is too many albums to put down here, but they're all rad af.
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy my playlists and if you guys would like to see my playlists on spotify or 8tracks, please let me know and I might just do that! See you guys next time, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment